Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some Overdue Thank-You Notes and an Update on Isaac

Hello All,

I've finally found an internet connection, although I'm not sure how long it will last for. It's great to actually type on a blog entry on a computer! (I've been using my little mobile phone to update our blog recently...)

Isaac woke up this morning in a cheerful mood, and was raring to go! A BIG change from yesterday. He hopped onto his "big red car" and toured the floor we were staying on, played with CLUTTER the clown for a while, and then was discharged! We are currently out of the hospital but have to stay in Toronto until at least Monday due to a small chance of bleeding for Isaac. While this risk is normal, the fact that he has MPS and a difficult airway isn't and they want us close to the hospital and the best care possible.


We'll make the most of our time here in the city and will try to get out for a few walks down by the water together. As we speak, we're sitting out back on the patio and taking a moment to relax. Isaac is listeing to VULTURES on his new CD player that Andrea Hoover at the hospital brought him today. It's his "bravery" gift and he's been so cute with it all afternoon! On Sunday, we will be heading to the Blue Jays game with Isaac and Gabriel, sitting in the Sick Kids' Hospital box, and watching the Jays beat up on the Yankees! I think Roy Halladay is going to drop in to say hello to everyone in the box as well.


I'll try to keep this short but I wanted to send out some notes of thanks to our visitors for their wonderful comments and for helping us spread the word about our son, our Foundation, and our hope for a cure.

To those of you that have donated using our Donate Now! link at theisaacfoundation.com,
Thank You from the bottom of our hearts. We received notification about the donations while we were sitting in the hospital with Isaac and we were truly touched by your kindness and generosity.
To the person that sent a large, Anonymous, donation, we cannot thank you enough for your support. We are proud to report that over 98% of all donations go directly toward funding our research projects into finding a cure for MPS VI (the other 2% goes into stamps and ink to send out your tax receipt!)

And we're still so blessed by John Mayer's kind heart. His blog entry has spread throughout the Internet and we've received over 7,ooo hits on our main website since his online journal ran. Mostly, though, it has raised awareness of this devastating disease that we're trying so desparetly to cure. And John didn't do it because of the positive media that could have come from his generosity. He did it because he is a caring and compassionate person that truly realizes the important things in life. And if you disagree, check out his previous blog entries. This guy gets it, and he showed it on Monday Night. Thank you, John, for what you have done. While you already had a fan in Isaac, you now have a life-long friend. And your message about life's priorities has gone far and wide. I hope many learn a bit from your kindness. Life's too short not too.

Below is a message that Isaac recorded John. As you can see, he's looking great. Enjoy.
With Love,
The Isaac Foundation

video

2 comments:

Russty said...

Issac and family, I just wanted to say you've all blessed me greatly today. I was at home feeling a bit down about some health issues and having to rest up yet again. I decided to check on how John Mayers tour is going and saw the blog post about Issac. The photos of him made me smile so big. I have a 4 year old who means the world to me, so I can just imagine how much Issac must mean to the people in his life. Thank you Issac for sharing your life with so many people. It gives the rest of us smiles and you can never have to many of those. I'm so glad your operation went well. I hope you don't mind, but I'll be praying for you and your family. I know how hard it is sometimes to be away from home. I hope you get to do all the things you enjoy again very soon and have a wonderful rest of your summer.

:) Russty

The Life of Mel said...

I am so very glad you are getting some good exposure, and donations for this cause. You all are amazing and I continue to wish you all the best. I have put this on my "daily blog" read list, next to people like, of course, John Mayer. You are in good company and you have a lot of great people rooting for you all!
Blessings to you all,
Mel